There are many different ways that you can use our services to search for loans, products and services through the open market place, share information, to communicate with other people, provided additional information on loan request, settle loans, purchases and transfers to other members, or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Swifin Account, we can make those services even better, help you get the best and make the most of our services. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to Swifin so whether you are new to Swifin or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices and if you have any questions please contact us.
Information that we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users from figuring out basic things such as, what your name is, which language you speak, the things you like, to more complex things like how and where you access our services from.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information that you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Swifin Account. When you do, we'll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, method of payment. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing and collaborative features we offer, we might also ask you to create a profile visible to others, which may include your name and photo.
- Information that we obtain from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit our website and the pages you view, the courses you subscribe to, the content you create. This information includes:
- Device Information
We may collect device specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Swifin, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs.
This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information, such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Location information
When you use a location-enabled service to access our services, we may collect and process information about your location such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as storing application data in browser cache.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit and use our services. This may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How we use information that we collect
We use the information that we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them. We also use this information to offer you tailored content.
We may use the name that you provide for your profile across all of the services we offer that require an Account. If other users already have your email or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Profile information, such as your name, your Swifin Account Number and photo.
When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help resolve any issues that you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we?ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer.
We provide you with the tools you may use to control who can view your profile and the information you may wish to share with other users. Swift Financial processes personal information on servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. We also provide you with the tools you may use to further control your privacy settings
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services. However, it?s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information that you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options for sharing and removing your content
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information, which can update as may be appropriate. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it ? unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so free of charge, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information that we share
The services provided are better if other members can find you easily, be able to see your profile and be able to communicate with you. We do not share personal information with outside companies, organisations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with outside companies, organisations or individuals when we have your consent to do so.
- With domain administrators
If your Swift Financial Account is managed for you by a third party (administrator), then the third party will have access to your Account information (including your emails and other data) and may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, such as statistics regarding applications that you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with outside companies, organisations or individuals if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Swift Financial, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect Swift Financial and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities